Site Inactive

Who Has No Life?
None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Sundesmos Forum Index -> Officer Archive (Hate and Bey posts)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulard

re: Loot Priority

As of right now, we have been 2 healing(even the progression bosses) for the past 2 week and our healers are the least geared in the raid. I Know duck is 506 and Kaz is not far ahead while many of the dps are around 515 and ryan is all the way up to 518. Due to this I would like to start giving the Duck and Kaz Loot priority ASAP. In a perfect world this would go into effect tonight, however I know this is a little close to the line.

On a side note, Sunday and Tuesday recaps will be posted before raid, I just havent had time recently to knock them out.

Beysii
Beysii
GM

As long as you announce it at the raid start, I have no issue with you starting tonight.

Bitches ain't getting my haste gear.

Ok I am going to start tonight and let it run for the next two weeks. I am only giving priority to Kaz and Duck since they are really our only consistent healers, as far as attendance goes. and from that point on ill reevaluate every two weeks at the latest.

Yorell
Yorellheals
Advisor

I honestly dont agree with giving priority to healers over the rest of the raid. From my point of view, heals are no where near the problem. It seems to be a lack of dps most nights, which is why two healing the first three to four bosses worked so effectively. I think it would be better spent to continue as is and hopefully get some better dps numbers rolling. Instigating a rule like that doesnt do much other than cause unrest and muted opinions by those that are slighted.

Not to mention the past speaks for itself when we look at other times we implemented or tried these rules. No real gain, and lots and lots of pain.

GM

1) It's two weeks, not the rest of the expansion.

2) If people do genuinely have an issue with loot, they need to speak up. I know several one-on-one convos have been had, and only two people that I am aware of have spoken against doing this.

3) I can't recall a time we've ever done this before, so I'm not sure off the top of my head what past Yorell is referring to.

4) With the exception of some trinkets, I'm hoping that someone can enlighten me on how this is really a huge impact to any dps except boomkins, who do use healer gear.

I was obviously being sarcastic in my previous post, but in reality I have a small issue with it, but nothing major.

It's my understanding that healers best utilize int/spirit gear, so if a DPS has an opportunity for an upgrade and it's given to a healer (who I assume will replace it once a piece of spirit gear drops) then it kind of screws that DPSer for gear that the healer will likely be replacing with a more healer-appropriate side-grade more sooner than later.

Like I said it's not something I am QQing over, just not completely on board with the idea. As long as it's clearly communicated to the raiders I have no real problem with it, but it is certainly something to consider.

Generally a pice of cloth gear with Int/spirit should go to a healer regardless. That's just my openion. I realize that with recent class/game changes, spirit is viable for DPS as well, but Int/Hit is ALLWAYS going to go to a dps. I "usually" won't even roll on that. The line gets fuzzy when secondary stats are /Crit/Haste/Mastery. I'm personally not going to roll MS on a piece that has hit on it, because the loss in stats that actually matter for me (spirit/haste) would not benefit me. However, i did reforge and am currently using hit shoulders because it was a HUUUGE upgrade to go from 476 crit/haste shoulders to a 522 piece. I had to reforge crit to spirit on my previous shoulders anyways so i actually gained a bit more spirit from the reforge of a higher ilvl item from the hit...but only slightly. Something like that would be the only exception and only time i would roll on a hit piece.

As of Late our dps really has not been an issue.

The only pushback I've had so far, said to me, is from people who are not actively raiding with us atm.

Soulard

Oh and another thought. For the 9 people who raid almost every raid night this does not really effect them, due to armor types and class type. Ie Bankai and duck dont want the same gear and Kaz is usually solo rolling. My thought when implementing this is when we have fill ins that the regulars dont miss out on a piece they have been trying weeks for.

Deinari

A bit late to give my two cents on this, but here we go.

I'm of the same mind of duck, and I do see at least one of Yorell's points. Heals really isn't the problem, we might have the lowest ilvl (I'm 511 ilvl and Duck is at 508, so thats kind of debatable) but I don't think we're under-performing in any way, but maybe thats just my opinion. We've been two healing fights, because A) Its working just fine and B) We need the DPS boost.

Not saying DPS isn't on par, we just aren't at the gear level where we can roll through everything while 3 healing. I almost feel like, instead of giving healers loot priority (which the loot drop system just laughs at us about anyway) we give priority to whoever has the lowest piece if there is more than one person rolling.

Example

Me and Iraphysis both use Spirit leather for main spec. Lets say the Spirit bracers drop from Tortos (lets also pretend that we both dont already have them, ).

My bracers are already 522, but these ones from Tortos are BIS so I want them
Ira's bracers are, however, 476 and would be a huge upgrade.

In this case, Ira should be getting the bracers. If the upgrade ends up being even or negligible then just satisfy that as we usually do: Roll for it.

I hope that in no way you thought i meant the healers were underpreforming. I would credit the ToT progress to our heals. It was just my thought that since Duck and Kaz are around the lowest a little boost in heals would help our raid more than a little boost in dps.

I do see your point though as far as the bracers thing Kaz. Maybe some sort of loot council would be better or maybe just nix this idea. I Honestly did no think we would down Magera and my main focus of this was so that you guys could two heal it(seeing as how we never have a consistent 3rd healer.)

Over all dps however has gone up for our raid and it is more consistent across everyone we usually have than I have seen it before. The only 'regular' who was lacking was Walter and once he got a bow that wasnt blue it seemed to be fixed.

Anteres
SweeBeeps
Officer

Loot council lends itself to too many abuses (be them actual or imagined) and will not be considered.

I would prefer that we just continue to have people be intelligent on what they roll on and hope for relevant drops to show up for the people that need them.

Soulard

yeah im not really a fan of council to be honest, and really from what ive seen this week the priority has not really made a bit of differnce due to our raid comp we just really dont have that many times when two people want the same piece. Im gonna go ahead and just say the whole priority thing seemed good in my head at the time but in practice we just dont need it. we need better luck. Priority will run this week because i made the post about it and said it would go at least that long, but as of now I plan to terminate it and go back to regular rules asap.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Sundesmos Forum Index -> Officer Archive (Hate and Bey posts) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: