Site Inactive

Who Has No Life?
None

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulard

re: Guide: Shaman - Elemental

This is a guide for Elemental Shamans as of 5.2
This guide is mostly references to other material. I would theorycraft it myself but shit, ain't nobody got time for that.

Guides
Noxxic Guide http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/shaman/elemental

Icy Veins http://www.icy-veins.com/elemental-shaman-wow-pve-dps-guide

Stat Priority
Hit 15 > Int > Haste > Mastery > Crit

USE MR.ROBOT http://www.askmrrobot.com

Gems
Meta: Int and +crit %
Red/Yellow: (orange)either Int/Haste
Blue: (Purple) Int/(Hit or Spirit)

Talents

Tier 3: Totemic Projection *
Tier 4: Ancestral Swiftness *
Tier 6: Elemental Blast

* These are considered best personally due to the macros I show later. Tier 3 is no necessarily a dps gain and Tier 4 Elemental Mastery is better if you have quick dps boost phases and with gear Echo of Elements will surpass Ancestral Swiftness.

Glyphs

Major:

Glyph of Chain Lightning, Mandatory for aoe

All other are situational but I'll explain when to use some of my favorites.

Glyph of Thunder, if you have a fight where you have to use your cleave rotation the whole time this is almost needed to keep from running out of mana.

Glyph of Fire Elemental Totem, I do not use this one but it will line up your fire elemental with Ascendance for every use.

Glyph of Spiritwalker's Grace, helpful for fights with a lot of movement.

Glyph of Unleashed Lightning, also helpful for fights with a lot of movment.

Rotation

For Single target and cleave you should have Searing totem down before the pull

Single Target: Flame Shock > Lava Burst > 7 Charge Earth Shock > Elemental Blast > Lightning Bolt > Refresh Searing totem if needed

Cleave: Flame Shock > Lava Burst > 7 Charge Earth Shock > Elemental Blast > Chain Lightning > Thunderstorm (to regen mana)> Refresh Searing totem if needed

AOE (3 or more): Earthquake(I only do this at the pull then ignore it) > 7 Charge Earth Shock > Magma Totem* > Chain Lightning

*I would only reccomend using Magma Totem if you are already in the middle of the mobs or you are using my macro from the macros section.

Cooldowns

Ascendance - Keep on CD
Fire Elemental - Keep on CD
Earth Elemental - If fire Elemental is on CD use this as the last spell in your priority. aka treat it like lightning bolt.
Bloodlust - you know when to use this
Stormlash totem - Use once at start and again later when you lust

Macros
This part of the guide is my baby. I make macros mostly because I am lazy/forgetful as fuck. Most the time I forget Ancestral Swiftness, so remembering to use a 30 sec or 1 min cd is bad for me. Additionally if you are wasting time pressing each dps cd individually they might as well each be on a GCD since you are losing time anyways. Well heres my lazy shit stuff.

Elemental Blast
#showtooltip Elemental Blast
/cast Ancestral Swiftness
/cast Elemental Blast

For this to work you need to TALENT FOR BOTH of those moves. This basically gives you an instance cast Elemental Blast every 1.5 min

Magma Totem
#showtooltip
/cast Magma Totem
/cast Totemic Projection

MUST HAVE TOTEMIC PROJECTION TALENTED for this to work. It let you just cast magma totem and then you just have to click where you want it. saves a click and a spot on your bar.

Oh fuck Im getting killed
#showtooltip
/cast Astral Shift
/cast Healing Stream Totem

MUST HAVE ASTRAL SHIFT TALENTED for this to work.

BLOODLUST
#showtooltip
/cast Bloodlust
/cast Stormlash Totem

one click for both moves, but I would suggest having Stormlast near since you can usually use it once early in the fight then again later when you lust

Pew Pew
#showtooltip Ascendance
/cast Ascendance
/cast Spiritwalker's Grace
/cast Fire Elemental Totem

Dont want to waste your Ascendance time so Spritwalker's Grace baked into it helps. I am a herbalist so I also have /cast Lifeblood put into mine. If you have on use trinkets you should also toss them in there.

Comments welcome, I'll update if shit is pointed out to be wrong or a better idea or hell even just relevant suggestions. I Hope this helps any Shammys who want to boost Their DEEPS.

-Mistake

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sundesmos Forum Index -> Old Guides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: