Site Inactive

Who Has No Life?
None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Sundesmos Forum Index -> Officer Archive (Hate and Bey posts)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anteres
SweeBeeps
Officer

re: Group 2 Options / Considerations

The bane of us launching group two has always been getting enough interested people to show up every week, on top of getting the people who NEED it (newer 90s, newer raiders, people who need the confidence, assistance and encouragement) there. We can usually get at least a partial raid, but getting the rest of the raid filled can, and has always been a challenge (especially with our tank/healer shortages).

I don't think we need to set our sights very high with a starter raid - something like MSV 10 is still enough to show that 10 mans are no joke, and you can and will die if you can't listen to directions (but this can change as we need to), and give people more of a feel on what to expect and gauge if they're ready to jump into the deep end.

So, I have two proposals to throw out there to look for feedback on to help fill these raids - both external options.

#1 - Advertise that we'll possibly need PUGs to fill groups in trade. Let people know what nights / times it's happening so they know when to show up. We just need to be up front and let everyone know we fill internally first no matter what, and then start to pick up external raiders.

We can then add interested people's battletags to a running thread here in the forums as a reference, and hopefully work to pick up some of the decent people (assuming there are any).

#2 - In case that fails, which it very well could because of Dunemaul being Dunemaul - I think we should look into posting our raids on Open Raid. Again, we can use it to fill slots that we may not normally be able to pull from the server, while giving our people priority.

There are obviously positives and negatives to either option, but I feel it could provide us with the necessary tools to help get more going for people.

I did type this out fairly quickly, so if I need to explain out a thought in more detail, please say something! All feedback is welcome Happy

Deinari

My only concern really is, as you said, Dunemaul being Dunemaul. But we can't just assume its not gonna work if we don't try it :P I feel like, as a guild, we have an overall dislike of pugs, when in fact some of awesomest people joined us from slapped together pug groups Happy

Further thoughts: (Not sure what the hell OpenRaid is or what its capabilities are but)
Old content (basically everything besides ToT) can be ran cross realm as well. We don't have to limit ourselves to just using Dunelawl as a source for pugs. Posts up on the WoW forums themselves can generate interest there, perhaps.

Open Raid is a cross realm raiding platform. Basically it lets people search for raids that are happening soon, and sign up for them through that site. But I'd absolutely rather take guildies > friends > randoms for older stuff.

And as a quick semi-relevant update, I may be making progress in absorbing two smaller guilds. My lead contact with both of them have said something along the lines of "I wish I could be in two at once", and I replied to both "Have your friends come too." - I believe one is proposing the idea to their friends soon, and I still need to work on the other a bit. Neither guild is /huge/ but they seem to have 2-4 people on a night at various times, based on their /who list when I check them.

Soulard

which guilds are they?

Anteres
SweeBeeps
Officer

Medicated and Made of Stars. Medicated is more of a PvP guild, but it sounds like at least a few are starting to get into PvE and want to do more. Made of Stars is just a group of friends that plays together and has 3-4 on at a time tops, and again, wants to do more.

Soulard

sounds good, dunno if ive every heard of either. Maybe medicated
Nagram

<Medicated> would be an epic guild name. wink
Nagram

WTF? I maybe if I type it this way....

Medicated and Made of Stars would be an epic guild name.
Nagram

Not to shit all over this thread, but when I put both guild names in < > It cut off everything after medicated. Maybe it was mistaking bbcode?
Beysii
Beysii
GM

those are html brackets
Nagram

WHATEVER NERD
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Sundesmos Forum Index -> Officer Archive (Hate and Bey posts) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: